5 Reasons To Say “Yes! Yes!” to the no!no!
The title of my memoir would be Beauty and the Blemish. It just seems that no matter what I do, how often I cleanse and with whatever ingreident du jour is deemed the pimple panacea, I wind up with a blemish. In fact, a red burgeoning zit crashed my wedding and my makeup artist Mally Roncal (bless her soul!) gave it a beige disguise for the night.
There's something about having active oil glands that my dermatologist, Dr. Fredric Brandt, claims will serve me well in later decades, when my friends will start looking crepey. But for now, the sebum and sensitivity have created a temperamental skin diva.
I recently tried an at-home gadget, hoping it could act as my de facto dermatologist. Turn's out, the no!no! Skin ($180) works. And works fast. And painlessly. Here are my top five reasons to get it, use it, fall in love with it.
- It's fast. In just 10 seconds, this phototherapy treatment can obliterate a pimple. One-one-thousand...two-one-thousand...
- It's comfy. The idea of zapping doesn't sound cozy, but it is. This feels slightly warm for a few seconds, while the light is shining. And that's that. Much gentler and kinder to the epidermis that harsh peroxides and glycolics, in my opinion.
- It's effective. The FDA cleared it, which shows this device is a harmonious marriage of science and safety. And it's proven to clear up to 81% of acne bacteria in 24 hours. The combo of light and heat energy eviscerate any threat of a pimple.
- It's not messy. I can't tell you how many pretty pajama sets and duvet covers I've bleached with benzoyl peroxide treatments. Your John Robshaw linens will thank you.
- It's easy. Small enough to fit in my tiniest weekend beauty bag, the no!no! Skin is going to be the MVP of my vacation essentials and weekend getaways, come summer.
If that's not enough to convince you, try putting any other zit treatment on your skin or 10 seconds. Then get back to me, K?
Get the latest beauty news and inspiration!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest from Beauty Blitz delivered straight to your inbox.