Get Outta Here! Our Editors’ Must-Pack Travel Items
Vacationing can be hard for the beauty-obsessed. Between decanting shampoo into three-ounce bottles, dealing with the inevitable luggage spillage and figuring out how to live without four different kinds of moisturizer for a whole week, we’d may as well just stay home. As if! These minis and travel sizes make hitting the road a pretty proposition.
Wendy, Executive Editor
- Not only is this little soap adorable, it smells amazingly fresh. Crabtree & Evelyn Citron, Honey & Coriander Refreshing Body Bar ($6).
- Hotel shampoos and conditioners aren't moisturizing enough for my curly hair, so I'm packing this oil-infused duo. Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil trial size Shampoo and Conditioner ($2.99 each).
- The radiant Cate Blanchett told me she wears these cloth masks on overnight flights. If it's good enough for her... SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90 for six sheets).
- Towelettes: my favorite TSA loophole. You can never have too many in your carry-on. I also use them to clean my hands when there's no sink nearby. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes ($2.99 for 10); Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes ($6.49 for 20).
- I avoided daily sunscreen for years (terrible!) because they all made me shiny--until now. This one is ultra-light and mattifying. Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 PA+++ ($30).
- I'm no longer ashamed to admit I need at least three hair products with me at all times. Body By Blow No Crunch Volumizing Mousse ($9.50), Amika Obliphica Oil Treatment (available as part of the Feed Your Hair Travel Kit, $35); Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray Purse Size ($19.50).
- This mist wakes up an air travel-dulled complexion. Post-flight, I'll use it to set my makeup. The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz ($18).
- The best, yummiest-smelling body moisturizer is even more irresistible in this mini size. Kiehls Creme de Corps ($11 for 2.5 oz).
- The perfect all-in-one lip product: this moisturizes, has SPF and adds a hint of tinted shine. Nivea A Kiss of Shine Glossy Lip Care SPF 15 ($2.99).
- This trio packs infinite lip and cheek looks into a totable package. Smashbox Be Discovered Cream Cheek Trio in Show Biz ($29).
- A teeny tiny palette with every neutral eye shadow you'll ever need. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Nude Eyes ($10.95).
- This brush set screams "summer!," and the Chinese finger trap-like protectors are genius. Sonia Kashuk Bright Idea 4 Piece Brush Set ($14.99); Sephora Brush Protectors Set ($8).
- It's a hairbrush! It's a compact mirror! Actually it's both--and it fits in my purse. Sephora Collection Hot Hues Turquoise Pop Up Brush ($8).
Kaitlyn, Senior Beauty Editor
- I don't have a signature scent. I just wear whatever my mood tells me, so I love that I can pack a very portable selection of some of my favorite fragrances. Tocca Love Yourself Fragrance Collection ($18).
- I hate when my clothes get that luggage or hotel smell. I throw one of these in my suitcase and then set it in the hotel closet, so my clothes always smell fresh. Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Sachet ($35).
- I literally have a tube in every bag, so I won't ever be without it. Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Essential Lip Care ($2.99).
- This pretty pink can be worn casually or for dress up. Chanel Rouge Coco in Paradis ($32.50).
- Plucking my eyebrows might not be a necessity, but whenever I'm without a pair of tweezers, I always wish I had them! Revlon Mini Tweezer Set To Go ($6.49).
- These neutrals are perfect for that no-makeup makeup look. Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Color Quad in Golds ($59).
- This makeup remover is a must. Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser (part of the Travel Essentials Collection, $95 for the set).
- I'm a bit obsessed with rose scents, and the body wash, lotion and hand cream are the perfect way to pamper. Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater Traveller ($20).
- I usually don't like hotel hair products, so I need these mini bottles to ensure well-conditioned strands. Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner ($7 each for the 2.5 oz size).
- These handy little swabs are medicated to stop any blemishes from busting in on your vacay. Neova Breakout Control ($26).
- It's my moisturizer and (sheer) foundation in one. Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment ($70).
- I love that it has skin conditioning bars so I don't have to worry about shave gel. Gilette Venus & Olay Razor ($8.99).
- My favorite mascara because it always stay in place. CoverGirl LashBlast 24hr Mascara ($7.99).
- I swear by this liner and I can't imagine life without it. Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof ($6.29).
- This non-foaming cleanser is a complexion saver. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, trial size.
- I LOVE my nail polish, but I really can't handle chips. I carry these just in case a chunk of missing polish sabotages my mani. I'd rather go bare. Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go Lacquer Remover ($12).
- Smells good and looks amazing. Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush ($11.99).
- This bag is graphically amazing and it literally holds everything. Trina Zuma Deluxe Weekender ($70).
Klaudia, Assistant Beauty Editor
- Vacations are for having a few, much-deserved cocktails; these are for curing the hangovers the day after. Help I Have a Headache ($4).
- This makes taking your favorite scent on vacation so much easier. Sen7 Fragrance Atomizer ($39).
- I’m obsessed with anything neon this season. This balm gives you a slight tint while nourishing your pout. Sephora Collection Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm ($10).
- These conditioning nail polish remover wipes allow for a quick polish change mid-vacay. La Fresh Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover Pads ($9.99 for 18).
- I love starting my morning off with this warming cleanser. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser ($28 for full size).
- I don’t go anywhere without liquid eyeliner and mascara. Thankfully, this waterproof duo has both in one! Hard Candy Shiny When Wet Duo ($7).
- This moisturizing shave cream and sweetly-scented disposable razor keep my legs looking good in the shortest of shorts.
FAB Smooth Shave Cream ($7.50); Schick Quattro Strawberry Tangerine Twist ($7.99).
- You know, just in case I need to switch it up! Sally Hansen Smooth Perfect Color Care in Sorbet ($5).
- I can’t live without dry shampoo while I’m home. How would I survive a trip without it? Serge Normant Meta Revive Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($15).
- Because I hate traveling with a huge dryer and the built-in ones in hotels just don’t cut it. Cricket Friction Free Dual Voltage Travel Dryer ($30).
- Benefit Travel Bag- The tomboy in me loves this girly take on a men’s dopp kit. Benefit Beauty Bag ($25 for similar styles).
- I can’t go a single wash without using shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. My white-blond hair would turn yellow immediately! L’Oreal Professional Vitamino Color Shampoo ($4); Kerastase Chroma Thermique Leave In Haircolor Conditioner Treatment, ($18).
- Not only do these super-soft wipes get rid of oil and dirt, they tone and exfoliate your skin at the same time. Soap & Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Cloths ($10).
- I’m a huge fan of BB Creams, and this one gives me the best coverage for a night on the town. Clinique Age Defensee BB Cream ($37).
- This is part of the perfect travel kit. The scent is to die for! Bliss Lemon + Sage Soapy Suds Body Wash + Bubble Bath (part of the Sinkside Six-Pack kit, $25).