Eucerin Healthy Skin Challenge 2012: Meeting the Derm
My first step in the Eucerin Healthy Skin Challenge 2012 was meeting with dermatologist Dr. Deborah Sarnoff to learn how to keep my skin healthy. For me, the most important thing to discuss was how to care for my eczema-prone skin. If not properly taken care of, my skin gets dry, itchy and inflamed. I learned that I need to take shorter showers and use warm water (not hot), so my skin doesn't get as parched. And I was completely honest with her, confessing that I'm not a daily SPF user, so she gave me recommendations to easily add to my routine.
Here's a breakdown of my new regimen:
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Lotion Sunscreen SPF 15. Since warmer weather means more exposed skin, Dr. Sarnoff recommended I use this body lotion with SPF in the morning.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30. I'm going to break my bad habit of not applying sunscreen underneath my makeup!
- Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme. I love painting my nails at least twice a week, and my penchant for pure acetone has left my cuticles dry. Plus, the office soap is very drying, so I'll have this hand cream at my desk for multiple applications throughout the day.
- Eucerin Skin Calming Dry Skin Body Wash. This oil-based cleanser provides extra hydration for my dry skin.
- Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme. Since I shower in the evenings, Dr. Sarnoff recommended I use this more nourishing body cream to lock in moisture after I shower.
- Eucerin Original Healing Soothing Repair Cream. Because I get dry patches, she recommended this repairing cream as a daily spot treatment.
Have you ever had a question about popping a pimple at home, calming a red complexion, healing itchy skin or even getting rid of razor burn? Now, you can get your skin questions professionally answered with the "Digital Derm" tab on the Eucerin Facebook page. You can ask a doctor from the Skin First Council your own personal question, plus you can search for a dermatologist in your area, because healthy skin is beautiful skin.