What’s in My Bag: Supermodel Beauty Entrepreneur Lindsay Ellingson
Photo: Derek Ketella
Twelve tubes of lipstick? Poetry scribbled on Sephora receipts? Keys to a Harley? You can tell a lot about a person by the contents of her bag. In our What’s in My Bag series, we ask style insiders to spill the contents of their purses in hopes of finding a few gems.
You might recognize Lindsay Ellingson from her tenure as a Victoria’s Secret Angel, but these days the model has her sights set on even bigger things than walking the runway — namely, her new cosmetics company, Wander Beauty. The travel-inspired line, which Ellingson co-founded with her partner, serial entrepreneur Divya Gugnani, launches this month on QVC with a single hero product, the On-the-Glow Blush and Illuminator. But Ellingson, who serves as Wander’s Creative Director, has big plans for the future, including an expanded color collection, a series of Instagram mini makeup tutorials (she does her own face for red carpet events), and a seriously cool website that shows colors swatched on models with a variety of skin tones.
Ellingson credits her 10-year career in front of the camera for her beauty expertise, so who better to share her on-the-go must-haves? Here’s what she totes in her handbag on the regular.
“I’m obsessed with Celine's medium Hobo bag in light Taupe,” Ellingson says. “The color is so chic and pairs well with everything.”
“This multi-tasker and a little mascara is all I need to keep my look fresh. With a pop of color and healthy glow, I'll be set for any spring and summer occasion!”
3. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35)
“I spritz this on my face throughout the day to keep my makeup looking fresh. I love the calming scent!”
“I am a perfectionist about my nails! I love that this pen can hydrate and push back your cuticles in a breeze.”
5. “Aloha Daily Good Greens powder, which I mix in water or juice for an instant energy boost. It's packed with antioxidants, vitamins and has two servings of fruits and vegetables in one pack!”
6. “I always have a dog treat on hand for Carly [her cute cockapoo]. I love Bocce's Bakery all natural dog treats, and so does she!”
7. “Grey Ant sunglasses, very exclusive and unique eyewear.”
8. Pratima Anti-Stress Aroma Oil ($20)
“For those days when you need a minute to meditate and practice your yoga breaths.”
“It’s my secret weapon for any meeting or red carpet event. I apply a few pumps at my ends, and my hair looks instantly shiny and healthy.”
10. “Deodorant sponge wipes — you never know when you're in a rush and left a white mark on your clothes!”
11. “Tickets to movies and Broadway shows that I've seen with my husband, Sean.”
Get the latest beauty news and inspiration!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest from Beauty Blitz delivered straight to your inbox.