6 Outside the (Gift) Box Ideas for Mother's Day
If you really want to score extra brownie points this Mother's Day, don't just buy a pre-packaged boxed set. We came up with six clever gifting ideas to inspire you.
Jewelry is a Mom's Best Friend
She taught you to take on the world wearing a good pair of shoes. Now thank her with colorful accessories and coordinating makeup essentials.
1. Essie Bazooka, $8. This bold orange-red looks perfect paired with a chunky golden ring.
2. Michael Kors Chunky Chain Ring, $55. This classic design makes an oversized statement.
3. J.Crew Tessellate Necklace, $85. This green necklace looks polished with a t-shirt on the weekend or with a blouse for work.
4. MAC Lipstick in Pink Nouveau, $14.50. Take a hint from J.Crew stylists and pair the statement necklace with a pop of pink on the lip.
5. Kate Spade Bright Spark Hinged Bangle, $148. This colorful bangle is the perfect summery color and print.
6. Thakoon for Nars Nail Polish in Anardana, $18. She'll want to show off her jewels with this complementing hot pink polish.
Her relaxation time is precious, so gift her the necessities to create a tranquil environment at home and help her forget about her long list of to-dos.
1. Archipelago Bermuda Soy Candle, $29. This chic candle is made with an essential oil blend of citrus, mango and papaya.
2. Refresh Body massage service gift card. This in-home wellness company will bring everything to her home for a spa-worthy massage.
3. Amazon Kindle, starting at $79. Because the best way to unwind is with a great book.
4. MOR Cosmetics Marshmallow Bath Elixir, $45. This elixir is so luxurious, mom won’t want to leave the bath.
5. Victoria’s Secret Modal Robe, $39.50. A comfy robe is a must for a true at-home spa day.
6. Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate, $30 for 12 masks. Give mom a facial in a pack with these revitalizing pomegranate masks.
Two (Green) Thumbs Up
She’s all about the environment and carefully considers what she puts in and on her body. Shower her with eco-conscious products along with items to help her get started on garden-season.
1. Seed Bomb Bracelet, $10. The beads on this bracelet are actually composed of clay compost and seeds. Plant them anywhere to create a cute mini-garden.
2. Pureology Precious Oil, $40. This oil for color-treated hair helps keeps her shade vibrant while restoring and protecting mom’s hair. Plus, it’s made with 100-percent biodegradable ingredients and is paraben- and silicone-free.
3. Lush Reusable Bubble Bars, $8.95 each. Lush’s products are made from fresh and organic ingredients. These “Mum” flower and butterfly bars turn her tub into a beautifully scented bubble bath.
4-5. Juice Beauty x Alicia Silverstone Simply Flawless Pressed Powder, $24 and Purely Kissable Lip Color, $16. The new collab between Juice Beauty and Alicia Silverstone are made with pure vegan ingredients. The powder is blended with tapioca, minerals and essential oils for a soft, matte finish, while the lip color uses organic passion fruit, acai and goji berries to deliver a light tint and lots of moisture.
6. Magazine subscription to Better Homes & Gardens, $11.98 (for two years). Packed with home decor inspirations, recipes and gardening tips, this magazine will keep mom busy inside and outside the house.
All About the Label
Go ahead and just spoil the woman! She's worth it, right?
1. Tory Burch Brigitte Cosmetic Case, $65. You can tuck your designer gifts in this colorful Tory Burch cosmetics case.
2. Chanel Le Vernis in Holiday, $26. Gift her the latest Chanel polish for her next manicure.
3. Tom Ford Lipstick in True Coral, $48. She'll look all kinds of amazing in her sunnies with a coral pout courtesy of Tom Ford.
4. Ray Ban Tortoiseshell Aviator Sunglasses, $140. We love these universally flattering aviators with an updated tortoiseshell frame.
With her busy schedule and constant mom duties, you don’t know how she finds time to exercise. Pack her gym bag with everything she needs to to make her workout a breeze.
1. iPod Nano, starting at $129. Because great tunes will make her workout a lot easier.
2. LuLuLemon Swiftly Headband, $14. This bright headband helps soak up sweat while mom’s on the run.
3. Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes, $15. These handy, age-defying wipes are the perfect post-gym refresher.
4. Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara, $24. Mom has to look gorg while on the go. This long-wearing mascara will stay put from morning till night.
5. Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eau De Parfum, $74 for 1.7 oz. This fresh scent is blended with notes of jasmine, peony and patchouli - perfect to spritz on after a post-workout shower.
6. New Balance Super Light/Super Fresh 895 Sneaker, $84.99. A light and comfy sneaker is a must for active moms on-the-go.
Tea Time Retreat
Sure, she loves her kitchen, but try inspiring some at-home relaxation with the proper tea time accoutrements.
1. Homegrown Monogram Mug, $8. This whimsical (and personalized!) mug will become her new favorite.
2. Thymes Bergamot Vert Sink Set, $32. Accessorize her kitchen counter with a luxe sink set that features notes of bergamot - the same citrusy scent in Earl Grey tea.
3. Le Creuset Kettle in Dune, $80. Update her worn kettle with a shiny new one.
4. Mighty Leaf Assortment Gift Sampler, $26. This set of organic teas will give her the chance to taste a variety of green, herbal and black teas.
5. Thymes Bergamot Vert Candle, $27. The matching scented candle creates the perfect ambiance to sip and relax.