What’s In My Bag: DJ Kalkutta
Twelve tubes of lipstick? Poetry scribbled on Sephora receipts? Keys to a Harley? You can tell a lot about a person by the contents of her bag. In our What’s in My Bag series, we ask beauty and style insiders to spill the contents of their purses in hopes of finding a few gems.
DJ Kalkutta is one of our biggest girl crushes. She’s a DJ, producer, published songwriter, and TV personality with a ton of swagger. Not only is she Good Morning America’s resident DJ, but her mega talents have also led her to co-write and co-produce one of the biggest songs on the radio right now, ‘New Americana’ by Halsey. As a hit DJ, Kalkutta has played at some of the biggest clubs in the country, as well as for lifestyle and fashion clients like Tory Burch, Betsey Johnson and Steve Madden! Since she’s always traveling, we had to find out what this it girl carries around every day. Naturally, we want everything!
“I love this Valentino Nylon Tote (1) because I travel so much and it's one of the only dope bags that fits my records!”
(2) “MAC Violetta Lipstick. It reminds me of the wavvy shades that TLC & Lil’ Kim used to wear in the ‘90s, which I’m really into right now.”
(3) “Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder. When people take pics of me whilst deejaying a club, I don't want to look sweaty and gross so this just helps me fight the good fight!”
(4) “DKNY Be Delicious Rollerball perfume. I love this refreshing smell. It’s always good to have a rollerball to freshen up before walking into a session or a gig.”
(5) “I love this Kenzo wallet. It also gives me serious ‘90s vibes.”
(6) “My Illesteva Leonard 2 sunglasses. I am a lover of wacky sunglasses (Elton John is my sunglass idol), and with electric blue lenses, these certainly fit the bill!”
(7) “I have actually never used this Bling Sting Pepper Spray (and lord willing I never will), but I thought it was a hilarious take on the traditional pepper spray bottle and something that probably doesn't hurt to have on hand!”
The Quirky and Unexpected
(8) “Baron Von Fancy ‘Bitch Stole My Lighter.’ I love all the Baron Von Fancy stuff- it's so clever!”
(9) “Haribo Peaches. My snack game is so strong.”
(10) “Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones. I am one of those people that needs to be listening to music at all times. I also love that I don't have to detangle a ball of wires every time I take these out of my bag!”
Get the latest beauty news and inspiration!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest from Beauty Blitz delivered straight to your inbox.